Saturday 15 March 2014

How Far Would You Go To Get Closer To Someone?

Couples go to extremes to be close to the people they love. They fight, they lie, they hide, commit blunders only for a few moments of passion and love with their loved ones. Couple of days a friend and me had a conversation about how he traveled 1500 kilometers only to be with his girlfriend but in the end all he got was to see her in the arms of another man. I burst out laughing. Annoyed he asked me this question that how far would you go to get closer to someone?


 I was perplexed at his reaction. It was as if I had never done anything for him. I did not answer him. Just stayed quiet for him to calm down. Looking at the setting sun out of the local train window i started thinking about How far would i go to get closer to someone?


I got deeper and deeper into my thoughts and flashes and memories of friends and relatives who had moved away from me came to mind. And a smile came across my face as something dawned upon me. People are always close to you in your and their memories. Be it good or bad. As long as people think about you you are always close to them. I would go to any extent to create good memories to get close to someone.

In all of ego, busy schedules, society reputations we simply forget to appreciate and develop the good things people around us do for us or society. We take them for granted and always expect them to do it always. In the whole process our helping hand and appreciation gets us close to them in the end creating good memories and getting them closer.

In all of our lives memories are the only thing that remain constant even after we are gone. I would go to any extent to help people, appreciate them, make them smile and support them always when they make mistakes. Maybe that is when everyone will be equal without any discrimination and close to each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment